Adams Outdoor is teaming up with TheLINK to Boost Your eSTEAM. Students in Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee, and Sumter Counties in grades 1-12 may submit entries between now and Friday,September 21st. The top 5 entries in the Elementary, Middle, and High School categories will be featured on the website after September 26th. The community will select the final winners in each category by voting at the Adams booth on the day of the eSTEAM Sumter Festival. Then on October 15th, see your winning billboard displayed in your county.
Don’t forget to view all forms and ‘submit’ your artwork in a jpg format on the Entry page. Thanks for your interest and for putting the ‘A’ in STEAM—now Let’s BOOST!
The deadline for entries is Friday, September 21
Grades 1 – 12
- Eligibility: Contestant must be a student (grades 1 – 12) in Sumter, Clarendon, Lee or Kershaw counties during the 2018 – 2019 school year.
- Entry Dates: Participating students will submit entries on or before September 21st to www.esteamsumter.com. Please have each participant complete the entry form on the festival website.
- Entry Form: Student must provide all required information requested on the entry form (entry form must be legible). The student and a parent or guardian are required to read and understand these rules in order to complete the entry form in its entirety. The entry form includes a release and certification that must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Art Prompt: Create an original design (hand drawn or electronic using Adobe Illustrator) that captures what “Boost Your eSTEAM” means to you.
- Artwork: Student must submit original, two-dimensional artwork.
- Student artwork must be original, created by only the student.
- Student artwork must measure 11”w x 8.5”h and be created using any two-dimensional medium including:
- Drawing (pencil, graphite, etc.) Drawing needs to be bold and clean. The drawing needs to be drawn on white paper in landscape orientation. If using 11”w x 8.5”h size paper, it would be best for the drawing to take up the entire page.
- Adobe Illustrator – create design using Adobe Illustrator.
- File set-up size: 5.208”h x 11.166”w
- File set-up notes: 300 dpi/CMYK. Bleed art to edge (no crops), but leave at least 0.375” inside all sides of the file for safety area.
- PDF Preferred
- Labeling Requirements: Each student must have the following information attached:
- Student name
- Transfer of Rights: Each applicant and his/her parent or guardian must agree to give all rights to the submitted artwork, including copyright, to the Sumter Economic Development and Adams Outdoor Advertising. This transfer of rights will allow the sponsor of the contest, at a minimum, to reproduce, distribute, and display your artwork. The winner’s submission will be duplicated in various mediums and used to promote the eSTEAM Festival 2018 and 2019 throughout Sumter, Lee, Kershaw and Clarendon counties.
- Awards: Each winner will receive a certificate and their winning design will be posted on a billboard the week of October 15.